Seven Tips for Hiring a Professional Article Ghost WriterWriting articles is a great way to market your online business, because it puts you in the position of being able to establish yourself as an expert in your field. The challenge, of course, is that not everyone feels comfortable with the idea of sitting down and writing articles. That's where article ghostwriters come into play.
Ghost writing is a well-established tradition in which non-writers, such as yourself, can hire someone else who will do the actual article writing, while you are able to take the personal credit as the author of the article. That's right: with ghost writing, you pay someone else not only for writing articles, but also for all rights to those articles. As a result, you are able to make any necessary changes and to publish the article with your own bylines and contact information, attached to the article.
Unfortunately - as is the case with many things - there are many article ghostwriters out there, some of whom are more qualified and capable than others. How can you be sure that you are hiring the right article ghost writers?
1. Take the time to identify what you goals will be for the articles. We often argue that your article must speak directly to the people most likely to buy your goods and services. Therefore, your goal is to talk to the people in your target market, in a way that will appeal to your prospective customers' needs. When you are going to be hiring article ghostwriters, you will need to be able to let them know what your goals are and whom you wish to talk to in the article.
2. Do your homework; because there are a number of article ghostwriters out there, it's a good idea to look at the ghost writing services that have a good reputation in the marketplace. More importantly, it's a good idea to look at ghostwriting services to determine where the writers are located and what their education level. (Many writers who live in India can produce excellent articles, but it must be noted that they write in British English. If your customers are generally Americans, then British English may not serve your interests well.)
3. Before hiring article ghost writers, take the time to compare different writers and services. Once you have made an effort to find ghost writing services, ask to see a sample of the work that they have done. Keep in mind that it may be difficult for them to provide samples, as once they have submitted articles to a client; they no longer have the rights to those articles. If you are told that samples are not available, ask for references who you can contact about their experience with the article ghost writers.
4. Check references. Even if the services that you have contacted about writing articles are able to provide samples, ask for references and follow through with an email or a phone call to ask whether or not they were satisfied. If they received great articles but it took a long time - and you need something written this week - you may need to look to a different service.
5. Be clear about expectations - both yours and theirs. Many article ghostwriters will expect at least partial payment up front; most businesses looking for articles want to know that they will have them within a set amount of time. Likewise, there may be specifics that you are looking for in your articles; let the article ghost writers know what you are looking for - the subjects that are the center of the article and the keywords that you want to have used are important things to communicate to the writer.
6. Ensure that, if you are dissatisfied with the article, you will be able to have a re-write included. If there are minor changes, you will be able to make them yourself; if, on the other hand, the wrong keyword focus was used or information within the article wasn't accurate, you should feel comfortable asking for a rewrite and one should be provided.
7. Determine which other services may be included. Some ghost writing services will also submit the articles to publishers and webmasters who will be interested in publishing the article, while others will only focus on article writing.
These seven tips for hiring ghostwriters for writing articles can ensure that you are heading in the right direction, and that's essential because - as article marketing becomes increasingly popular - you will come to rely on article ghost writers to help you to promote your business. Establishing a healthy relationship with your article ghost writers from the very beginning will give you an advantage: you will always know where to turn and you will be in a better position to market your business.