Latest Business News
Last updated on
Wednesday, 22-Mar-2023 20:30:01 EDT
- Cruise robotaxis blocked a road in San Francisco after a storm downed trees and wires
A witness told CNBC the driverless Cruise vehicles did not appear to detect and avoid the caution tape and bus wires, and instead became "tangled in them."
- Coinbase warned by SEC of potential securities charges
The SEC issued crypto exchange Coinbase a Wells notice, warning the exchange that it identified potential violations of U.S. securities law.
- SEC charges Tron founder Justin Sun, celebrities Lindsay Lohan, Jake Paul with crypto violations
The SEC unveiled charges against diplomat Justin Sun for fraud and securities violations, while charging celebrity backers including Jake Paul and Lindsay Lohan.
- Amazon's devices head ditched the Echo in his living room for a smart TV
As Amazon rolls out more smart TVs, the company risks seeing consumers set aside their Echo smart speakers
- Apple will require a subscription to watch 'Friday Night Baseball' this year
Users will need an Apple TV+ subscription, which costs $7 per month in the U.S.
- After growing a TikTok following, House Democrat leads push against a ban
Rep. Jamaal Bowman, D-N.Y., has embraced the app and is now pushing back against a proposed ban as his colleagues are set to question TikTok's CEO on Thursday.
- XRP cryptocurrency jumps as investors hope Ripple will win legal battle with the SEC
XRP, a cryptocurrency closely associated with Ripple, surged over 11% on Wednesday as investors grew hopeful the firm would win its legal battle with the SEC.
- Meet the 'methane man' with a mission: Using microbes to eat up the greenhouse gas
Josh Silverman has worked with methane and specifically methane-eating microbes for years, and now he wants to leverage these microbes for climate good.