Latest Business News
Last updated on
Sunday, 17-Jan-2021 06:30:02 EST
- Parler's de-platforming shows the exceptional power of cloud providers like Amazon
Parler survived being pushed out of Apple and Google's app stores, but getting kicked off Amazon's cloud has made Parler absent from the internet for days.
- Facebook blocks users from creating new events near White House, Capitol and state houses
In a blog post that was updated Friday, the company said the action was meant to prevent people from using its platform to incite violence.
- Man makes last-ditch effort to recover $280 million in bitcoin he accidentally threw out
A British man who accidentally threw out a hard drive with a trove of bitcoin wants local city officials to let him search for it in a landfill site.
- SoftBank Vision Fund is losing Jeff Housenbold, who led investments in DoorDash, OpenDoor and Wag
Rajeev Misra, head of SoftBank's Vision Fund, announced internally on Friday that Jeff Housenbold is leaving to "run his own business."
- Bumble IPO filing warns Apple privacy changes could harm its business
Dating app company Bumble listed Apple's upcoming IDFA privacy changes as a risk factor in its Friday IPO filing.
- GitLab CEO weighing options for going public after employee share sale valued company at $6 billion
GitLab CEO Sid Sijbrandij confirmed CNBC's reporting from November of an employee share sale and said the company topped $150 million in annual revenue.
- 6,000 Amazon warehouse workers will hold union vote in Alabama on Feb. 8
Roughly 6,000 employees at the Alabama warehouse will begin voting on Feb. 8 to join the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union.
- Apple to launch two MacBook Pro laptops with new design, magnetic charger, top Apple analyst Kuo says
Kuo says Apple will launch two new MacBook Pro models this year with 14- and 16-inch screens, a new design and the return of MagSafe charging ports.