Latest Business News
Last updated on
Saturday, 22-Feb-2020 06:30:01 EST
- Let's come together to tax tech giants, say G20 officials eyeing $100 billion boost
Leading world economies must show unity in dealing with aggressive "tax optimization" by global digital giants like Google , Amazon and Facebook , G20 officials said on Saturday.
- Samsung Electronics confirms coronavirus case at phone factory complex in South Korea
Samsung Electronics said on Saturday that one coronavirus case had been confirmed at its mobile device factory complex in the southeastern city of Gumi, causing a shutdown of its entire facility there until Monday morning.
- France ready to hear U.S. proposal on digital tax
France is ready to listen to the U.S. administration's proposal of offering U.S. companies a "safe harbor" from a new, international digital tax, its finance minister said on Saturday, while admitting that he still didn't know what that meant in practice.
- EBay in discussions with multiple parties for sale of classified business
EBay Inc is in discussions with multiple candidates regarding a potential transaction for its classified-ads business, the company said on Friday.
- Big tech cos pull out of San Francisco conferences on coronavirus concerns
Verizon Communications Inc has pulled out of the RSA cyber security conference due to coronavirus-related concerns, the organizer said https://www.rsaconference.com/novel-coronavirus-update on Friday.
- Elon Musk's SpaceX to raise $250 million, valuing it at $36 billion: CNBC
Elon Musk's SpaceX is looking to raise about $250 million, taking the private rocket company's valuation to about $36 billion, CNBC reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the financing.
- Lyft buys digital car-top advertising startup Halo Cars
Lyft Inc has bought U.S.-based startup Halo Cars, which allows drivers to make money through digital advertisements displayed on top of their vehicles.
- Encryption on Facebook, Google, others threatened by planned new bill
U.S. legislation will be introduced in the coming weeks that could hurt technology companies' ability to offer end-to-end encryption, two sources with knowledge of the matter said, and it aims to curb the distribution of child sexual abuse material on such platforms.