Latest Business News
Last updated on
Friday, 17-Jan-2020 20:30:02 EST
- Lawyers for Huawei CFO call Canada prosecutor's arguments 'circular'
Extraditing Huawei Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou to the United States based on American sanctions against Iran would set a dangerous precedent and could even undermine Canada's policy towards Iran, Meng's lawyers argued in court documents released on Friday.
- Bloomberg plan would make all new U.S. cars electric by 2035
Democratic U.S. presidential hopeful Michael Bloomberg unveiled a plan on Friday to slash greenhouse gas emissions from transportation by making electric vehicles accessible to even low-income families and improving access to public transit.
- Break up big tech's 'monopoly', smaller rivals tell Congress hearing
In April 2019, Tile.com, which helps users find lost or misplaced items, suddenly found itself competing with Apple Inc, after years of enjoying a mutually beneficial relationship with the iPhone maker.
- U.S. will look at sudden acceleration complaints involving 500,000 Tesla vehicles
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said Friday it will review a petition asking the agency to formally investigate and recall 500,000 Tesla Inc vehicles over sudden unintended acceleration reports.
- Netflix opens Paris office, plans new French-language series
U.S. television streaming company Netflix has opened a new Paris office and plans to develop more than 20 original French-language productions in 2020, it said on Friday.
- After India's Amazon snub, Modi's party slams Bezos-owned Washington Post
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ruling party on Friday slammed editorial policies of billionaire Jeff Bezos-owned Washington Post, even as his e-commerce firm Amazon announced plans to create a million jobs in the country by 2025.
- UK's BT, Vodafone may seek PM Johnson's support for Huawei: sources
Britain's BT and Vodafone are considering urging Prime Minister Boris Johnson not to risk the rollout of next generation mobile networks by banning China's Huawei [HWT.UL], sources said, confirming a Sky News report on Friday.
- TomTom closes deal with Huawei for use of maps and services: spokesman
Dutch navigation and digital mapping company TomTom on Friday said it has closed a deal with China's Huawei Technologies for the use of its maps and services in smartphone apps.