Latest Business News
Last updated on
Saturday, 10-Apr-2021 20:30:01 EDT
- Inside Redwood Materials, former Tesla CTO's effort to recycle batteries for rare components
CNBC got an inside look at former Tesla CTO JB Straubel's lithium-ion battery recycling start-up.
- China slaps Alibaba with $2.8 billion fine in anti-monopoly probe
In a Saturday statement, China's State Administration for Market Regulation accused Alibaba of abusing its market dominance.
- Amazon wins enough votes to beat union effort in Alabama
The union election at one of Amazon's Alabama warehouses has shaped up to be one of the most important organizing campaigns in recent history.
- Chris Cox earned cash and stock worth $69 million after rejoining Facebook last year
Cox is a key moral leader at Facebook and one of its top strategic executives, coordinating how the company's various services work with one another.
- Venture funding soared to record $64 billion in Q1
Following a historic year for tech IPOs, venture capitalists invested a record sum of money in the first quarter, piling into early and late-stage companies.
- White House set to host Google, Intel CEOs to discuss computer chip supply chain
The shortage of computer chips has implications for a range of industries, from producers of electric vehicles to medical supplies.
- Google denies report that its next phone is canceled, says Pixel 5a 5G coming this year
Google denied a report Friday that its next phone has been canceled and said the Pixel 5a will launch in the U.S. and Japan later this year.
- Group ride start-up Swoop wins contract to provide transportation for 2022 Super Bowl as events come back
Swoop, a start-up founded in 2016, won a contract with the NFL to provide transportation for the 2022 Super Bowl in Los Angeles, CNBC has learned.