Latest Business News
Last updated on
Monday, 25-Sep-2023 22:30:02 EDT
- Carousell says it's 'on track' to profitability, plans to reduce losses this year
Secondhand goods marketplace Carousell expects to "healthily" reduce its losses this year, putting it on track to profitability, the firm's CEO told CNBC.
- 'Cash-flow' podcaster made off with millions in Ponzi scheme, SEC alleges
Matt Motil defrauded investors out of millions in an unsophisticated Ponzi scheme, the SEC alleged.
- iPhone 15 Pro analysis unveils Qualcomm modem and easier-to-repair smartphone frame
The two most common smartphone fixes are replacing the battery and screen, so the new design gives repairers easier access to those parts.
- Microsoft is hiring a nuclear energy expert to help power its AI and cloud data centers
Microsoft is looking to hire a nuclear energy expert to help coordinate powering its AI data centers with small nuclear reactors.
- ChatGPT can now 'speak,' listen and process images, OpenAI says
OpenAI's ChatGPT can now "see, hear and speak," or, at least, understand spoken words, respond with a synthetic voice and process images, the company said.
- Amazon to invest up to $4 billion in Anthropic, a rival to ChatGPT developer OpenAI
E-commerce giant Amazon on Monday said it will invest up to $4 billion in Anthropic and take a minority ownership position in the company.
- Spotify will use AI to replicate podcasters' voices and translate them to other languages
Spotify is translating podcasts into multiple languages with the same original voice.
- Vitalik Buterin, the man behind ethereum, talks crypto and the U.S. crackdown
The Russia-born coder, who built ethereum in his late teens, doesn't stay long in one place anymore. Meanwhile, the list of places he won't go keeps growing.