Is Your WordPress Blog a Google Magnet?
Is Your WordPress Blog a Google Magnet? Make your blog a Google magnet by increasing the number of comments made on your blog. Google and the other search engines put an undefinable, but considerable weight on comments you receive on the articles you write in your blog. If you want to move up in the search engine rankings, you must write quality content and get people to comment on your submissions.
Just ask yourself this question: If you were Google, how would you determine how good an article is?
* You would check article for originality - not scraped from someone else * The use of keywords - is the usage natural or are the stuffed? * Keyword density - is it in a reasonable range? * Whether there are related keywords - Latent Semantic Indexing * How the keywords relate to the title * Many other characteristics of the article - Who knows? * Finally, how many people comment on your articles
You should be striving to become an authority site. We want a site that has incoming links from other related high pagerank sites indicating that our site is trusted and recognized. One of the fastest ways to get quality incoming links and recognition from the search engines is to have many high quality, original articles that people have commented on.
The dream is to get a discussion going on your site. This is where people use your article as a vehicle to "argue", "debate", "dispute" and "discuss" the pros and cons of what you have written.
Here is a small list of things you can do to increase your number of comments:
* Make a controversial post - Take a strong position. You will find some people will agree with you and some will not. Get them commenting by being somewhat outrageous
* Ask people to comment - The vast majority of people won't comment, but asking them to comment does help. Ask some questions at the end of your post that invite people to express themselves.
* Use Web 2.0 type promoting - Post your article on Digg, Mixx, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Sphinn, Propeller and at least one to two other sites. You don't have to be on all the sharing sites, but you will want to hit the influential ones, at least. Use an article submitting service such as SubmitYourArticle. You will find that it pays off pretty quickly. Your number of incoming, one-way links will increase over time.
* Post comments on other people's blogs - Experienced bloggers really appreciate it when you make an intelligent, non-spam comment on their blog. Many blog owners will make it a point to search out your blog and comment on your work. Within Wordpress, the blog owner can simply click on the commenter's blog URL. It is pretty to reciprocate.
In summary: Comments are very important in your success. Treat them with respect. Engender them and you will see your rank improve.
Do you agree with the list above? What other ideas do you have? What have you found effective in increasing the number of comments your blog gets?
About the Author:
Richard Day at TrafficBumper.com has many tips to help you promote your website to the top listings. He explains in easy to understand language how to use search engine optimization and videos to get targeted traffic. Visit www.TrafficBumper.com www.trafficbumper.com/?p=96
---------- This article is distributed on behalf of the author by SubmitYOURArticle.com SubmitYOURArticle.com is a trading name of Takanomi Limited. Takanomi Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 5629683. Registered office: 31 St Saviourgate, York YO1 8NQ. Full contact details are at takanomi.com ----------