Online Fax Service - Starting Up A Home Business Or OfficeIt is almost inconceivable that anyone could start up a home office or a home business without having a fax service or fax number. It is one of those necessities of doing business, no matter where your business is located. In other words, having a fax service and number is essential to the running of your company or business.
With the recent downturn in the economy, more and more people are switching their attentions to working at home in order to bring in extra income. Many of those same people are setting up home offices because it is much cheaper than setting up an office outside of the home. Besides, working from the comfort of your own home is very appealing to most people.
As mentioned above, one of the first things any prospective home business will need is a fax number. This is where an online fax service enters the picture. More and more individuals are turning to Internet faxing to solve or meet all their faxing requirements or needs.
First, you probably already know online fax is simply using your current email system and your Internet connection to handle all your faxing needs. Your faxes are sent as email attachments, usually in TIFF or PDF format, although there are many more formats you can use to send your faxes.
In order to use web faxing, you have to sign-up to an online fax service provider where you are given a local or Toll-Free fax number. You also get an online fax account (interface) where you logon to send and/or receive your faxes. Your faxes can also be stored in your online fax account.
There are several important reasons why many new home business start-ups are using Internet fax instead of the traditional office fax machine.
Here are Seven major reasons:
1. There is no need for an extra fax phone line since everything can be done online and with your computer. This will save you money on your home business start-up costs.
2. There is no need for a fax machine, which will also save you money, since all your faxing can be done through the Internet and your email system.
3. You don't have to purchase papers, inks, and toners in order to send and receive your faxes. Over the long haul, this can mean significant savings for you, not to mention, your savings on the maintenance costs of running your fax machine.
4. Online faxing is often cheaper than regular faxing. Monthly charges run on average around $10, but there are cheaper options, especially if you have minimum faxing needs. So it pays to shop around before you sign-up to any one service.
5. An online fax service is web based which means you can do your faxing anywhere you have the Internet and these days that's just about everywhere. You can use cell phones, laptops, Blackberries, PDAs... to do your faxing from anywhere you're located.
6. Internet fax is extremely easy to use. Actually, it is as easy as sending an email and we all know how to do that. Besides there are no more paper jams, messy inks and toners to deal with in the running of your office. You can also send and receive faxes simultaneously.
7. It can make your home business more competitive since having your faxes available 24/7, 365 days of the year will give your business an advantage especially if you rely upon faxing for bringing in sales, clients or you rely upon it heavily for communicating with your customers. Also remember, online fax is completely scalable to meet your growing business needs. For example, if you should need extra fax numbers you can get them without putting in the extra hardware and phone lines.
Lastly, since online faxing is mainly done through computers and the Internet, it is often thought of as the modern way to run your business. So why not start your home office or business off on the right foot by using this modern way of faxing? The rewards and benefits are well worth it.